Life in Mordor is a blog that was once a place for me to put down my thoughts on Christianity and the world we live in. It was also once a blog a few people read and commented on. For the past few years it has been fairly barren, especially since I left wordpress.com (of course, now we’re back on wp.com). In the hopes of revitalizing the conversation around here, I’ve decided to open up Life in Mordor to anyone who wants to blog, whether it’s once, once in a while, or every day.
If you want in, contact me here, but please keep the following guidelines in mind:
- No watchblogging type stuff. We aren’t interested in hearing about how you and your church are the only faithful people in the world. This does not mean articles that point a finger at Christianity are not wanted, just the “my theology is better than your theology” type stuff.
- No reposts or cross-posting. Google doesn’t like it, and neither do I.
- If you agree to the Apostle’s Creed, that’s good enough for me.
- This is a PG-13 and below blog.
- I would really like non-American, liturgical, and/or female bloggers.
In addition, these are some of the things I think would make this place a lot better:
- Thoughtful pieces that examine politics in the light of the Scriptures and Christian history.
- Film discussion.
- Fantasy and sci-fi discussion, whether books, comics, or movies.
- Biblical studies
- Sermon Notes
- Update: I would really like a homeschool mom and/or dad; anything from discussions on parenting to practical advice.
Thanks for your interest.