With no commentary, nor any justification for why you should care, here are my five favorite films of 2010.
Honorable Mention: How to Train Your Dragon.
5. Slumdog Millionaire
3. Iron Man
2. The Dark Knight
1. The Wrestler (view with Discernment™)
The one movie meme from Faith and Theology seems a good way for me to post something without having to think. (Reader: please just let that pass, don’t comment on it because I already know what you’re going to say.) If you are a new reader, please remember that I am in no way erudite, as I think The Dark Knight Returns is the height of Western civilization (even though Frank Miller totally screwed Superman).
1. One movie that made you laugh
2. One movie that made you cry
All Quiet on the Western Front (1930)
3. One movie you loved when you were a child
4. One movie you’ve seen more than once
The Empire Strikes Back
5. One movie you loved, but were embarrassed to admit it
The Fountain (inexplicably, I love this movie; I acknowledge it makes no sense)
6. One movie you hated
Superman Returns (so much promise, but the writers and director just don’t get Superman)
7. One movie that scared you
8. One movie that bored you
Gone With the Wind
9. One movie that made you happy
The Shawshank Redemption
10. One movie that made you miserable
Requiem for a Dream (but it’s fantastic)
11. One movie you weren’t brave enough to see
The Passion of the Christ
12. One movie character you’ve fallen in love with
13. The last movie you saw
14. The next movie you hope to see
The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian
15. Now tag five people: Um, no.
Since my original list of top holiday movies is getting so many hits, I thought I would add a few more (but this time only five because I can’t think of any more).
Honorable mentions: Ernest Saves Christmas, Mr. Magoo’s Christmas, and A Chipmunk Christmas. Oh, and my daughter says to add Mickey’s Twice Upon a Christmas.